No sponsored post is forced on a blogger. You choose to do one or not. You get money sometimes, or free stuff, in exchange for your opinion. I don't know how other people do it, but I only say yes to things I think I will like. I've gotten comments on my review posts in the past that suggested that I've been falsely positive in my review of something. Not true! And I've never, ever been pressured to say anything I didn't want to say - the opinions are truly mine.
Now what I'm leading to is a crazy positive review of my first week of Nutrisystem. Which I am getting for free in exchange for blogging my experience as part of their Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program.
So anyway, my first week of Nutrisystem has been completely and totally fantastic! I was, admittedly, very overwhelmed when my first order of food arrived. It was a lot of food and I had no idea where to put it or what to start with!
|Giant box of pantry food!!!!|
You get the whole month at once so it definitely requires some shelf shuffling. My method of organization was to divide by meal, and then choose the first week from each category to keep in the pantry. The rest is all sorted out and in a box in our spare bedroom. You also get frozen food, which I sorted by meal in the freezer so I could quickly grab whatever I wanted. It is easy because each type of meal is labeled and color coded and so you can keep track of what you have left.
The food is really, really good. Day one, I saw what I was going to eat and thought, "this is tiny. I am going to be starving." NO. I am full all the time and have to remind myself to eat snacks between meals. You eat all the time - breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, dessert. Unlimited non starchy veggies.
Week 1 on the books and I am IN LOVE with Nutrisystem!!! I am full and the food is good so I don't feel deprived at all. I haven't felt jealous of Mark's dinner at all which was a big worry of mine. One night, I tried to coordinate so that we would all have the same thing to eat - pizza. Mark and Olivia made their own pizzas with store-bought crusts, and I ate my Nutrisystem pizza. It was perfect! My pizza was smaller than theirs by almost half. When I was finished I was perfectly full and satisfied. I know that I would have eaten the bigger portion if I had it in front of me. A big part of this program will be opening my eyes to realistic portions and the feeling of being satisfied and not stuffed full.
My first official day was February 1 and so my one week date would actually be tomorrow. But I have a minor surgery today and need to fast for most of the day before that, so I am going to share my weigh-in and week one post today:
Week one on Nutrisystem: - 2.4 POUNDS!!!!
(I'm not going to post my weight here. Every person has a weight that is good for them, and I don't want to say how horrible I feel at my current weight because maybe someone weighs that same weight and looks and feels great. I've been in that position before, and I wouldn't want to do that to someone else.)
1. Lost 2.4 pounds, obviously.
2. Discovered some favorite foods that I will reorder and some not favorites that I won't.
3. No cheating at all. Not even tempted to cheat - this is big for me. I am an emotional eater and this week was stressful. I am so encouraged by this!!
4. By day three I understood completely what I was supposed to eat and had a really easy time planning out my day without constantly checking my reference material.
5. Realized that I was eating way way way too large portions of...everything. At every meal. I am full on a normal portion of food.
1. This week has been absolutely nuts for us. There were so many things going on (non sleeping baby, broken furnace, social calendar, etc.) that I did not get to do my 30 minutes of exercise every day. I did two, one hour workouts so I figure that equals four, half hour workouts. I need to be better about this for sure! I've been working out since before Christmas and have started to notice a difference - I cannot get out of the groove!
2. I missed snacks a few of the days because I was busy and forgot to eat them. I know that is a bad idea. I'm thinking of setting a phone alarm reminder. I'm scanning and tracking all of my foods and I was still above 1200 calories so I don't think I hurt myself at all, but I don't want to get in the habit of skipping healthy snacks.
3. I also did not drink all of my water requirement every day for similar reasons. I'm supposed to drink 64 ounces a day and 3 days I just couldn't do it.
One week down, fifteen more to go! Hoping to lose a total of 20-25 pounds. If you have any questions about Nutrisystem, feel free to email me!
Want to join me in being more healthy by taking control of your weight loss? Join Nutrisystem today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by clicking here.
Disclosure: I am being provided the Nutrisystem Women's SUCCESS Select as a part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program, in exchange for writing about my experience with the program. All opinions are mine and have not been influenced in any way.